Humans are the only species on this planet that really want to communicate exactly what they feel. It’s not just ideas or information, but even feelings that want to communicate to others – it makes us all the more unique. We’ve banked on this particular quality and come up with this article. And see how! Quotes are one of the commonest and most used medium of communication of feelings. There are hundreds of thousands of quotes out there for things that are given importance. So you can imagine how many quotes exist around mothers and mothers’ day. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite ones just for you to take a look and feel the warmth in the air already.
Read on your greeting cards:
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. -Tenneva Jordan
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. –Theodore Hesburgh
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. – Abraham Lincoln
- A mother is a mother still, the holiest thing alive –Samuel Coleridge
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. –Irish proverb
If we’ve made you sentimental already, here are a few more on a lighter note:
- A suburban mother’s role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after.
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his!
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.
- Earlier I had six theories on motherhood, now I have six children and no theories.
- God could not be everywhere so he made mothers – to suffer on his behalf!
We hope we’ve made you chuckle a little now, so get back in the mood and go prepare for mother’s day!