Its mother’s day and we want to express ourselves as aptly as possible to these wonder women. There are many different ways in which you could express your love to your mum that include greeting cards, messages and quotes, but how cliche is that! I wanted to use all of these but also be different in my approach, so I first got a list of messages and sayings that would be closest to the way I feel.
Here’s what I found, gave it my own twist and made this list:
- If love is like a rose, you’re my whole rose garden, dear Mommy!
- When I think strong, I think not of a material or man, but of you, my mom!
- I love how we argue about who loves the other more, but this for sure I know, that I lose hands down for once, as there can be no greater love than a mum’s!
- You are a great friend, teacher, mentor, cook, coach, companion…oh wait…the list is endless mom! You are the greatest of everything to me!
- You know how God couldn’t be everywhere and so he created mothers, well, he was pretty unfair, as he only gave me the best version of himself! Love you to the moon and back Mom!
- You are the warmth I need when I’m low, the strength that I need in order to grow, even your presence is like medicine when I’m down, it feels like a fragrance when you are around! Words aren’t enough mom, to tell you what you mean to me; no matter how big I grow, I will always only look for you when in need!
- For me, the word mom isn’t a person; it’s feeling of sunshine that only you can give by just being around…thank you for always doing that mom!
Now that we’ve picked up some quotes that we wouldn’t otherwise use during the rest of the year.
Let’s look at how we could put them together.
- Handwrite these on different small pieces of paper (only if your handwriting is good though ;)) and make a collage.
- String these messages together in a thread and put them in a box for her to read one by one, as you see her face light up with each one. After all it’s only once a year that you get this cheesy with your mom!
- Arrange a treasure hunt where you put a few gifts here and there, each accompanied with one such message at the front of the paper, with clues of the location of the next one written behind it.
- Randomly place these around the house, where she likely to look suddenly, like the mirror, or near the door knob or kitchen counter, etc. to give her little unexpected surprises!
That’s all folks, go ahead and try these out!